Popular Posts

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Muntons Nut Brown Ale - Extract-Only Kit

Description:
Dark and smooth, a brown ale with a slightly "nutty" character. To really enjoy this ale serve at cellar temperature.

This is the first kit I have done that is extract-only, which means there are no hops to add as the can of extract has already been hopped. All you do is boil water and mix in the can of extract. Cool, top off fermenter and pitch yeast. Very simple. However I have not been impressed with the taste at all so far, although it has only been three weeks. I will let it age before passing judgement. I only let it ferment two weeks before moving to the keg for conditioning, which is sooner than I would like.











Update:
Fermented three weeks, keg conditioned one week. I am still not happy with the taste of the brew. Live and learn, no more corn sugar.



No comments:

Post a Comment